Since many people asked for it, I released also the z+ mod of apo2.06. It has all the 2.06 features and (almost) all the z+ features plus:
1) New variable for split: split_shift, it has relevant effects when set between 0 and 1, but it accepts also higher/lower values
2) Added "hide transform" option in the transform tab in the editor windows, if selected it will hide the current triangle in the editor, it can be useful if you have lots of transforms
3) Reverted "cosine" back to the original behaviour to ensure compatibility with electric sheep and flam3 (I modified it some version ago and I always forgot to change it back)
4) Optimized supershape, now it renders about 10-15% faster (compared to apo 2.06b)
5) Removed the SetVariable feature added on 2.05beta2z+, since everyone now uses the new beta2 syntax for setting variables.
6) New blank flame creates a two-triangle blank flame, instead of a one-triangle flame as in 2.06b (to avoid confusion for the unexperienced users with the old tutorials)
Download here: gygrazok.altervista.org/apo.ph…
If you find any issue please don't hesitate to report it.
Oh well, my subscription expired: no more fancy css journal. I think I'll have to win another contest
- Listening to: Dimmu Borgir - The Fundamental Alienation
- Reading: punto-informatico.it
- Playing: Babo Violent 2
- Drinking: Water
Can you please, please, please include the rectangle-X-factor again? I really miss it!
Thank you so much! I love the z+ version and was really missing it since I got 2.06.
Great, I'll try and see what I can do with this... *tries to download* Thankies
Thanks for the work you've done, I'm downloading it now. It's a big help to have all the extra features.
Thank you so much for the update Is the flower variation not compatible with this new version or have you just forgotten it?
Uh well actually I haven't included cyberxaos' variations (like flowers, conic and such) because I forgot about them. Anyway I (or somebody else) could release the plugins for these variations.
Hey, I'll get ya one, you saved me!!
Thank you very very much. This is most appreciated!
Wow! my love u are full of surprises!! so i can try to do something else with apo!!
thank for all ur work
Fantastic news! I love the split variation, so was somewhat dismayed at learning about an expiry date
good to know! *download*
Thank you so much!! Have just downloaded it and will give it a try!!
I have paid for 1 month subscription for you as a thank you for this version of Apo.
Wow thank you
I am thanking you, sorry I can't manage more. I am a pensioner living on benefits. I really think that when any developer has worked on Apo and improved it there work should be respected and kept in the running of the program. I liked all the Variations however I am happy to have most of the back. THANK YOU. Roz X
Thank you for updating your version - off to get it now!