Since many people asked for it, I released also the z+ mod of apo2.06. It has all the 2.06 features and (almost) all the z+ features plus:
1) New variable for split: split_shift, it has relevant effects when set between 0 and 1, but it accepts also higher/lower values
2) Added "hide transform" option in the transform tab in the editor windows, if selected it will hide the current triangle in the editor, it can be useful if you have lots of transforms
3) Reverted "cosine" back to the original behaviour to ensure compatibility with electric sheep and flam3 (I modified it some version ago and I always forgot to change it back)
4) Optimized supershape, now it renders about 10-15% faster (compared to apo 2.06b)
5) Removed the SetVariable feature added on 2.05beta2z+, since everyone now uses the new beta2 syntax for setting variables.
6) New blank flame creates a two-triangle blank flame, instead of a one-triangle flame as in 2.06b (to avoid confusion for the unexperienced users with the old tutorials)
Download here: [link]
If you find any issue please don't hesitate to report it.
Oh well, my subscription expired: no more fancy css journal. I think I'll have to win another contest